Pressure to Altitude Conversion
This program calculates Altitude from Pressure by iteration of the functions defined by ISO 2533
- A procedure in which repetition of a sequence of operations yields results successively closer to a desired result.
- The repetition of a sequence of computer instructions a specified number of times or until a condition is met.
The International Standard Atmosphere (ISO 2533 issued in 1975) provides the following information for a given altitude:
ISO 2533 is identical to US Standard Atmosphere 1962 and 1976
This ISO Standard is also stated to be identical with the ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization) and WMO (World Meteorological Organization) Standard Atmospheres.
- Velocity of sound
- Input pressure in either :
- The program displays the altitude in :
- Results can be copied to the Clipboard
- Print results